The Journal of Citizenship and Globalisation Studies (JCGS) has ceased publication as an active journal and cannot accept new submissions. Past issues of JCGS will continue to be available on this website.
JCGS was published from 2017 to 2019. It was interested in the complex and often contradictory meanings of citizenship, social inclusion and globalisation at the local, national and transnational levels.
To this end JCGS published high-quality innovative empirical and theoretical papers that critically engaged with:
- emergent practices of community and citizenship at multiple levels of social life
- tensions and innovations in contemporary practices of governance, security and democracy around the world
- the plural and contested constructions and claims of identity within and between complex societies
- the ways heritage and (material as well as intangible) culture elicit contestation and dissonance, as well as different modes of being in the world today
- the nexus between discrimination and disparity, and its impact on development and human rights
- uncovering theory, policy and practice necessary for the achievement of social justice